Steel Detailer, Eufaula, AL - Our client is looking for motivated candidates to join their Steel Detailing/Drafting Team. We are seeking talented individuals with a combination of technical competence, “can-do” attitude, and the desire to contribute significantly in a collaborative team environment.
As a Steel Detailer (Drafter) / BIM Modeler you will be responsible for detailing all parts of metal building systems, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, and flashing/trim to ensure all components fit together correctly as part of a complete design solution.
- Creating construction drawings using our highly specialized 3D BIM software
- Generating and verifying fabrication drawings and reports
- Generating and verifying bill of materials for field construction
- Designing and troubleshooting standardized steel framing conditions along with custom, project-specific requirements
- Ensuring a quality product by thorough contract and design coordination
- Maintaining deadlines in a fast-paced production environment
- High school graduate required. Prefer an Associates degree with focus in Architecture/Engineering technologies or a related field
- BELOW SKILLS and experience preferred but NOT REQUIRED
- Accredited training, certification, or professional experience operating
- Architectural/Technical CAD software or 3D Modeling software
- Training or experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software such as Tekla
- Good visualization and spatial relation skill with powerful 3D graphic systems
- Basic knowledge of standard construction practices