NO RELOCATION NEEDED. Full time/Permanent role. Global food packaging machine manufacturer is seeking a Field Service Technician to service clients. Individual should be based near the Columbus region. Individual should have Electrical aptitude (PLC, schematics, etc.), strong problem solving skills, and customer interface capabilities. Must be willing to travel 50-75% of time. Per diem available. Excellent organization with lots of potential for growth, 401K match, health, dental, etc..
Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
- Provide first call response and technical support on customer complaints and identified product performance issues in field.
- Act as the technical expert in troubleshooting and problem-solving for filling equipment, downstream equipment, conveyors, case packers etc.
- Work side-by-side with customer manufacturing leaders and field operators to troubleshoot, solve problems and provide technical support.
- Initiate problem solving using root-cause analysis, work with managers to issue credits where appropriate, respond to complaints and follow-up on corrective actions when appropriate.
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- 10+ years experience
- Desire to travel 50-75%
- Exp. in food/beverage filling/packaging
- AS/BS Electrical Mechanical
- Experience as a field service rep highly desired.
- Exposure to PLC/Electrical
Benefits for the Field Service Engineer
- Per Diem, Gas Allowance, 401K, Health, Dental